Tuesday 6 March 2012

Abercrombie & Fitch (Singapore) - Review

Last Friday (2/3/2012), I decided to make my way to town as I have not been there for quite awhile. I just had to visit the Abercrombie & Fitch store as I heard many mixed reviews about it. Below is my reviews on Abercrombie & Fitch (Singapore).

Store Review:

At the entrance, there was a gigantic poster of a well-defined body of a male model. Heard reviews elsewhere that it was offensive to many but I personally found it very attractive and somewhat different as compared to the other brands. Also greeting me at the door were 2 young looking male models, wearing the shirts of A&F, which I found nice and eventually my fiancée got me one in which I wore today (picture insert below). I was told by a close friend of mine that many did not like the interior of the store because it was too dark and seemed like a disco club. I agree that the place was too dark and there was no sense of direction and one can get lost in the store. There was only one cashier, which is at the basement of the store. Fitting room for guys is also only available in the basement if I am not wrong. And if your sense of smell does not fail you, even a person with blocked nose should be able to smell the strong cologne sprayed throughout the store. If you do not enjoy the smell of this cologne, I would think that you will not stay long in there. The staffs in the store are very friendly, helpful and cheerful, dancing to the tune of the music being played and assisting you in all your needs.

Fashion Review:

Collaged styled fashion like that of the kind of clothes Prince William & Harry will wear. The material of the clothes is good, smooth and comfortable. The designs stand out from the normal designs you will find in most departmental stores. The color of most clothes is bright and hence it will standout when you wear it on the streets. Well suited designs for the young generation who are in their late teens to the mid-30s for both men and ladies.

Business Review:

You either like it or not. It will favor the younger generation as the older generation are more conservative to this concept. Hence majority of the clothes and design are catered for the younger generation. The staffs hired are young, good looking and well trained. The store will give a very good first impression to the young and trendy. The company is focused on its target audience and knows what it wants. The company will not change its concept much just to suit the locals but make locals change their concept to like this brand – A&F.

Conclusion:

The negative publicity actually turned out to be the positive for the company. People actually want to check this place out due to its ‘negative’ vibe. The main purpose for any store is to attract the crowd and increase the sales revenue, which is actually what this company has achieved. I am already looking forward to my second visit to A&F Singapore. How about you?

A&F Shirt I got as a gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment