Monday 29 December 2014

QB House - My First "Virgin" Visit

Today was my first (virgin) visit to QB House. Let me share my experience in this blog post.  

Previously I used to cut my hair in a leading Japanese brand hair salon. Each haircut was about $50 on an average. The service was good and the hairdresser always knew what I wanted. But I wanted to save costs as I was having my hair cut every 2-3 weeks. Yes my hair grows pretty quick. My last haircut before this QB visit was actually to a Malay Barber, who sorta gave me a “disastrous” haircut, in my point of view. No disrespect to Malay Barbers. I grew up having my hair cut by Malay Barbers under blocks of HDB flats. Just that the one I went to didn’t gave me what I wanted but worst. 

Alright, back to my first ever visit to QB House. I was introduced to it by my buddy, Selwyn (@krustyroll). Did some googling on the opening hours and which was the nearest branch to my residence. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by 2 friendly ladies at the shop. My initial thought was that the hairdressers were Men in their late 40s. I knew I had to insert $12 and take a queue card. But I didn’t had small change in my wallet. As I turned my back and walked away, the lady, while still cutting another gentleman’s hair, stopped me and asked if I needed change. I said Yes and she gave me nice exact breakdown for my $50 note. So I exchanged $12 notes for my QB queue card using the machine provided. For those who wanted to use their EZ-Link card, it was possible as well. There were 3 lights at the corner of the shop, Green – no waiting time, Yellow – 5-10mins waiting time, Red – 15mins & above waiting time. It was Red for me. While waiting, I was observing how they run the business and how they cut their customers hair. Of course, nervously hoping they will not “screw up” my haircut.  

Flow of Business : Before a customer sits down for their haircut experience. The hairdresser will sweep the floor and allow the vacuum hole on the floor suck in the unwanted hair, making the floor clean and looking presentable. Next they will brush and clean the seat before inviting the next customer to sit. While taking their seat, the customer would be greeted politely and asked how they wanted their hair to be done, with the hairdresser giving their suggestions as well. The hairdresser will cut/shave the hair to how the customer wants it within 10-15mins. Next they will use the mirror to show the front & back of the finished haircut to the satisfied customer. Once agreeable, they will then proceed to use the hair vacuum to “massage” and suck the loose and unwanted hair off your head & shoulders. Once done, the customer can proceed to collect their belongings in the designated cupboard before heading off. Again, to be greeted goodbye by all the hairdressers in the shop. 

I had the privilege to enjoy the above mentioned flow of business. Also I witness the kindness and patience of the hairdresser as they attended to the handicapped customer before me. I give this business concept and service two thumbs up. I will also recommend the same to any of you readers to go try this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment